B&G 4G Broadband Radar
Find it In: Fishing and Marine Electronics, Marine Radar., Sailboat Hardware, Sailboat Instruments.
Availability: In Stock
B&G 4G Broadband Radar is the third generation of its FMCW (Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave) radome revolutionary Radar technology that eliminates magnetrons and provides crystal clear images of your immediate surroundings.
B&G 4G Radar brings 50% more range than the second generation 3G Broadband Radar and is compatible with all B&G Zeus and Zeus Touch Units. New revolutionary Beam Sharpening technology provides the sharpest possible Radar images.
- For optimal Target Separation, Broadband 4G Radar is the world’s first dome Radar to use Beam Sharpening, which significantly improves Azimuth Resolution (the effective horizontal Beam Width of the Radar signal) equivalent to 3.5' open array Radar.
- Unparalleled short range target discrimination - even at 1/32nm range. Docks, Channel markers, moored vessel are displayed with clarity and separation.
- No radiation hazard - radome safe to mount in any location.
- Simultaneous Dual Range from 200' to 36nm & high speed rotation (up top 48rpm). Note Zeus2 only - not available on Zeus Touch
- Minimum Range: 2m.
- Optional Heading Sensor for Radar image plotter overlay (explained).
- RADAR Fast Scan - 50% increase in rotation speed when range is less than 1nm
- Radar MARPA function (option) - Track up to 10 targets & display alarm CPA/TCPA conditions
- Sidelobe & Local Interference Rejection - improves false target illumination
- Sea & Rain Clutter: 3-5 times less than pulse radar
- Complies with ISAF Offshore special reg 32.9.1.l.ii active Radar requirement
- Power: 12/24v 20w transmit(typical), 3.3w standby.
- Frequency: X Band 9.3-9.4GHz
- 13.5mm small diameter easy to route Antenna cable.
|Country of Manufacture||New Zealand|
|Physical Dimensions||280mmH x 485mm dia|
|Radar Antenna||19.2" dia Dome|
|Warm up Time||Instant On|
|Antenna Scanner Rotation Speed||24/36/48rpm|
|Radar Cable Length||10m included (30m Max sold separately))|
|Beam Width Horiz/Vert||2.6° / 25°|
|Radar Antenna Weight||7.4kg|
|Radar IPX Water Rating||IPX6|
|Radar Power Consumption||Transmit: 18W (Typ.) @ 13.8vDC Standby 3.3W(Typ.)|
|Transmit Power||165mW nominal|
|Operating Temperature||-25° to +55°C|
|Dual Range Support||Yes|
|Guard Zone Alarm||Yes|
|Radar Frequency||X Band 9.3 to 9.4GHz|
|Radar Compliance Certification||CE, FCC (ID: RAY3G4G), IC: 4697A-3G4G|
|Radar Overlay Support||Yes|
|Advanced MARPA Tracking||20 Target MARPA dual range(requires heading sensor - sold separately)|
- B&G 4G Broadband Radar
- RI10 Interface Junction Box (RAB901)
- 1.8m yellow Ethernet cable - 5 pin
- 3G scanner connection cable - 20m (RAK920)