76mm x 66mm x 32mm
Spot Connect Satellite Communicator
Find it In: Marine Communications, Satellite Phones.
Spot Connect Satellite Communicator is a FindMeSpot Satellite GPS Messenger. Today's smartphones provide a level of social connection far beyond what we imagined just a few years ago. But when you go beyond the reach of the grid, your smartphone needs the help of the Spot Connect Satellite Communicator to keep you in touch with friends, family, and emergency personnel. Simply pair your smartphone with the Spot Connect Satellite Communicator and get connected to a global satellite network that lets you send messages and GPS coordinates from virtually anywhere on the planet. Update Twitter and Facebook. Send email and text messages. Request non-emergency help from professional service providers. And in the case of a critical emergency, send an SOS message requesting emergency assistance.
- Weight: 4.9 oz (w/ batteries)
- GPS Lat. Lon. datum format: WGS-84
- Operating temperatures: -25°C to +60°C
- Altitude: -100m to +6500m
- IPX7 Waterproof: Up to a depth of 1 meter for up to 30 minutes
- Bluetooth range: 10m
- Certifications: FCC, IC, WEEE, SAR, RoHS, CE
- GPS accuracy: 10m
- Battery Type: 2 x AA Lithium
Note: Spot Connect Satellite Communicator requires a mandatory $115USD/yr subscription.
- SOS: Activate the SOS mode to begin sending your GPS location to the GEOS International Emergency Response Coordination Center (IERCC). Add a custom message to update responders of your condition. The IERCC alerts the appropriate agencies worldwide – for example contacting 9-1-1 responders in North America and 1-1-2 responders in Europe.
- Help: Use the Help mode to send either custom Type & Send or Predefined messages to recipients in your contact List for non-life threatening assistance.
- Check-in/OK: Use Check-in/OK mode to send your messages and your location to friends and family. These messages can also be simultaneously sent to your Facebook and Twitter accounts. Your Waypoint is stored in your SPOT account for later reference. Your stored Waypoints can be easily integrated into a SPOT Shared Page or SPOT Adventures account.
- Track Progress: Start/stop tracking at any time using the SPOT Connect App. (Additional service required). You can also mark a Reference Point or send Check-in/OK messages from specific locations while in Track Progress mode. This optional upgrade will cost $49.99 USD/yr which is paid on top of the $115 USD/yr basic subscription.
- Type & Send: Use SPOT Connect to send custom email and text messages via satellites to your contacts. Create up to 41 character SOS, Help and Check-in/OK messages. Messages will be sent directly to the contact groups you select via email or SMS. You can even post custom messages on Twitter and Facebook. If you encounter problems, you can send custom SOS messages describing your situation, with your GPS position included.
- Social Networks: Don't lose the connection to your social networks when you venture off the cellular grid. SPOT Connect with the basic service package enables you to send Predefined messages to your favorite social destinations. The Type & Send function allows you to create short custom messages in the field, which you can send to social destinations or specific contacts via email or text message.