Side Mount Hydraulic Steering Cylinder
Find it In: Boat Hardware, Steering.
Availability: 2-3 Days
The Side Mount Hydraulic Steering Cylinder is Seastar's simplest hydraulic steering cylinder. Pump and hoses are NOT included.
- Independent engine tilt for twin engine installations
- One common cylinder fits most outboards engines
- Convenient tilt tube mounting as per ABYC/NMMA/BIA standards
- Ideal for shallow splashwells
- Anodised alloy cylinder for reduced friction and longer seal life
- Chromed Stainless Steel push rod for extended seal life
- 135.2cc (8.3cu.in) / 160.9cc (9.8cu. in) unbalanced Displacement, 31.7mm (1.25") bore, 203mm (8") stroke.
- Rated to 300hp maximum.
N.B. Unbalanced nylinders have unequal wheel turns. When the Helm is turned one turn, a certain volume of fluid is pumped into the cylinder. On one side of an unbalanced cylinder's piston is the push rod, which reduces the effective cylinder volume. The cylinder area on the other side of the piston has no push rod. The rod side of the piston will move faster per turn of the wheel because less space is available for fluid than on the side with no rod.
UNBALANCED SINGLE CYLINDER SYSTEMS CANNOT BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH SEASTAR PRO Helm.
|Country of Manufacture||Canada|